Stay in Bed Today
The Nature of the Universe
- "Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together..."
- "There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- "Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot- proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."
Edward P. Tryon
- "In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time."
- "Technology is a way of organizing the universe so that man doesn't have to experience it."
- "I'm astounded by people who want to 'know' the universe when it's hard enough to find your way around Chinatown."
- "There is a coherent plan in the universe, though I don't know what it's a plan for."
- "My theology, briefly, is that the universe was dictated but not signed."
- "I'm worried that the universe will soon need replacing. It's not holding a charge."
Calvin and Hobbes (Bill Watterson)
- "The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that it has never tried to contact us."